Thursday, August 21, 2008

#21 beyond myspace

First, I had trouble with everything I tried to do in the podcasts because the computer I work on at the library is tooo slow to do anything! Ok, that vent is out and I can go on to this things. I skipped #19 to be done at a later time. I tried out sveral of the social networking sites and joined the 23things nink and posted a comment and put a badge on my blog which was easy enough. I think that this site might be more useful than facebook simply because it has to do with libraries and the work we do, and the issues we face. I do not care for the format of these social networking sites putting up info everywhere. I joined facebook for one of the things and it gives me to much info about what my friends have been doing and who posted what and so on. It reminds me of high school gossip and I am just not that nosy. Nor do I care that much about what everyone else is doing. I guess I have some more exploring to do to find any other social networking sites that I want ot belong to. I am big into privacy and do not want too many people having access to my e-mail of my address for that matter and even with just your name a person can find your address and phone #. I know because I tried it once with a sight that an aquiantence had her kids pictures on. We spend so much time telling kids to be safe online but is anyone other than me thinking about this as adult? I guess it is perfectly fine for me if my social network consists of family friends and colleauges that are around me and not online.

No comments:

trading card

Image hosted @ bighugelabs.com