Monday, August 25, 2008

#20 myspace and facebook social networks

I went back and looked at my blog and noticed that I had not posted about this thing. I distinctly remember writing about it but alas, I don't know what happened to it. I joined facebook because all of my friends and family were urging me to hurry up. There is a word game called srcamble that they have now got me playing. It is quite relaxing, but could very easily become addictive. I can see where people enjoy social networking sights as they allow you to keep up with people you don't see that often. I like the fact that only people you choose as your friends can view your profile. I don't like everybody that I know having my e-mail address as I hate receiving mass mailings. I can see where there are advantages to work at the library with this sort of thing. It can make you more familiar with your colleagues and provide yet another avenue to communicate with them. It also provides another avenue of communication with patrons, should any of them become your "friend". I also feel like it is good for me to know how to use these types of networking sights in order to better assist patrons.

No comments:

trading card

Image hosted @ bighugelabs.com