Saturday, August 16, 2008

#17 elm productivity tools

I tried all of the elm productivity tools and found them all to be easy to use. The most difficult was creating a search alert, because I was unfamiliar with that term I had to google it and do some reading. I was able to rss my alert to my yahoo home page quite easily once I figured out how to do the actual alert. I think this tool would be great for a student having to write a paper on a particular subject. They could easily get the info to themselves with very little work involved. Next I created a web page on EBSCO. I can't say I love it, but I was able to do it and experiment with the different tools and found it quite simple to do. If I were really trying to make a nicer web page, say for the library I would likely put a bit more time and effort into it. I them tried proquest and was able to find the articles and e-mail them with ease. I can see where this would be useful to virtually anyone. Margaret and I, along with Sarah, could use it within the library as we come across articles pertaining to our work at the library. A student could use it to share info with another student. A parent could use it as an efficient way to share info as well. NeLibrary was new to me, as I was not familiar with e-books. I found it very useful to be able to open up an e-book and then save it into notes and read it later. Time is a hot commodity and you may locate the info and not have time to read it so this is great. I think this would be useful to anybody seeking information. Especially for students and within the library. I was not aware of the wealth of tools and info and stuff you can do with these elm productivity tools. I am glad my eyes were opened to these tools and I am sure they will be prove to be very useful both to myself and to our patrons.

No comments:

trading card

Image hosted @ bighugelabs.com