Wednesday, August 6, 2008

# 13 online productivity sites

I tried a lot of the online tools. I liked igoogle because I am partial to google poducts and I really liked the layout and the choices. For a news junkie like myself it was fun to have stories from a variety of newspapers and news channels all in one page. I like having foxnews and cnn in one place in order to compare stories. I chose the yahoo site for my home page because I already have yahoo e-mail and frequently check it so it just made sense. I also liked that I could have local news like the pioneer press on my home page, and I noticed it had a calander built in. It has an easy to review layout and I got cought up in a game of sudoko. Not so sure that was in any way productive but it was fun and relaxing for a while. I also tried the online calanders and liked the one I tried. I can see for work that it would be nice to have a shared calander to keep each other abreast of what's happening. What I really thought would be great was if we could have a calander like this to post on our library web site(if we had one!) so that patrons could quickly look up what's happening at the library. As for the lists, I still think it is easier, for me at least, to write out a list on paper. I write faster than I type and could have a list written before I even logged on to my computer. I am a list maker and they help me a lot but they are easier done the old fashioned way.

No comments:

trading card

Image hosted @ bighugelabs.com