Friday, August 22, 2008

#19 podcasts

I explored podcasts and listened to a handful. On the computer I use at work this task was impossible, probably having to do with the age of the computer. It is dysfunctional in a number of ways, anyhow at home the podcasts were easy. I love talk radio and a podcast is nice becuase you can listen to in on your computer as you search for other things and get other tasks completed. I went through the process of getting a podcast onto my blog and was able to do it, but then I removed it because some of the titles were not an image I wanted to present of myself, especilly on a work project. It was a blog about motherhood but the writer had some "eyeca-catching" titles. I searched several of the podcast sights for library and story hour as well as pre-school learning and did not find a whole lot that made me want to listen. I did listen to some only to find they were somewhat boring. I sometimes think podcasts are made by people who could not make it on talk radio. If you know where to look and the process was not so time consuming, this could be great. It may even be fun to have a podcast on a library website as a way to generate more interest. If someone comes across a good one it would be easy to share it with the rest of the staff. As for making a podcast myself, unless it became a specific part of my work duties I wuold never do it. I don't relish the thought of my voice, squeaky as it is, being out there for everyone to listen to. Nor do I really want that much exposure online.

No comments:

trading card

Image hosted @ bighugelabs.com