Friday, August 8, 2008

#14 library things

I joined library things and did some exploring. I read a few reviews, left a comment and put 5 books in my library. The trouble is that it is hard to think of your favorite books when you are "on the spot". I put up one that is a favorite to read to my kids. I finally managed to get the widget onto my blog after about 17 times. Don't know what I did wrong the first 16, but I got so frustrated that I prayed it work and it did!! I can see this site as being useful as books pertain to the library and I often read reviews of books before ordering them for myself and my children. I also like the fact that it can connect you to people with similar interests and that provides an opportunity for those people to open your eyes to books you may not have thought about. It is slightly overwhelming because there are so many books and groups and info on the site. I think it would be great fun to have a mini site like this with people who use our local librarys. For instance, if our library had a web site it could be linked to a site or contain a place for people to share what they have been reading and recommend books. It would also be fun to have an online book club and be able to review books connected with our library and its patrons. Something to think about.

No comments:

trading card

Image hosted @ bighugelabs.com