Wednesday, July 23, 2008

#11-tagging & delicios

I have experimented with tags and it not too hard a concept to get a hold of. We do that everyday, it's called organizing. I have worked on delicious, and set up an account. At first it didn't make sense to me. Why not just save sites in your favorites? But then as I pondered this it hit me, with delicious you can access it at any computer. This means I could research things for the library, say summer reading or story hour, and save the site on delicious on my home computer and then be able to acess it at work. I like that idea and will be working more with this. As for the social networking part, I don't get into that. My life is too full. I have great friends and family that enjoy. I love being with my kids and quite frankly would rather spend time with them than chatting with someone I don't really know online. My theory is that people online are not who they say they are. It is too easy to be someone else when no one really knows and has no way to find out. I value the input of those close to me, and maybe would do some networking for my job, if I ever had time, but not as part of my personal life.

No comments:

trading card

Image hosted @ bighugelabs.com